If you drive a lot, you probably use your garage door frequently—so when your garage door malfunctions, it can be frustrating and inconvenient. You might be tempted to DIY your repairs, especially if you’re handy in other areas. However, garage door repairs should always be done by a professional. Not only are you guaranteed quality work from an expert, but some repairs can be deadly if mismanaged. When it comes to garage door repairs, the easiest solution is also the safest one. Here’s why:
- Protect your safety: Your garage door springs do a lot of heavy lifting. Some garage doors can weigh hundreds of pounds, so they require a lot of power to operate. Unfortunately, garage door springs can be deadly when they break, because all the tension stored in those coils is released. If you’re hit by a stray spring, it could cause serious injury or death. A professional knows how to safely install and repair these components.
- Ensure your garage door is secure: Your garage door also plays a big role in home security. About 71 percent of Americans use their garage door entrance as their main access point in the house. If it’s not repaired and secured properly, thieves can break in and steal your valuables. Professional garage door repair fixes these vulnerabilities and ensures your security.
- Uphold your insurance requirements: Your homeowners insurance may require you to hire a professional for repairs. Since insurance companies tend to look for any excuse not to pay, you’re best served by following their rules and hiring a licensed, professional company.
- Keep your warranty active: Similar to insurance requirements, your garage door itself will probably require that you get service from a licensed professional, lest you void the warranty. If something goes wrong and you need to replace your door, you don’t want to bear that cost yourself due to failed DIY repairs. The peace of mind alone is worth the cost.
- Protect yourself from liability: Planning on selling your home sometime in the future? Get repairs done by a garage door professional rather than relying on your own handyman skills. If something goes wrong with your garage door after the sale—such as injury or other issues—you might be liable for repair costs and other damages.
- Guarantee a better appearance: You might be able to fix your door, but there’s no guarantee you can repair it and keep it looking nice. If appearance matters to you—and it should, since it impacts your property value—hiring professionals is the way to go. Additionally, they may be able to repair existing dents and scratches on the spot.
- Soak up the expertise: Finally, your garage door professional will be able to spot any looming issues, let you know when you need a replacement and when to schedule your next service appointment. The peace of mind alone is worth the investment.
When you’re ready for professional garage door repairs, let Denton Overhead Garage Door take care of you. Call us today for an appointment.
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair