How Do You Diagnose a Garage Door Problem?
Whether you use it to park your car or simply as an extra storage space for your old junk, your garage is an invaluable part of your home. The only thing that’s better than having a garage is having a garage with an automatic door! An automatic garage door makes life a breeze, especially when the weather is less than ideal.
Unfortunately, garage doors aren’t perfect and have been known to fail from time to time. This post will cover the best methods for diagnosing garage door problems in Denton, TX:
- Ensure the opener is plugged in: Believe it or not, one of the most common issues we see is an unplugged opener. Obviously, an opener that’s not connected to its power source won’t be able to open the door when you click the button. You should be good to go after plugging the opener back in.
- Inspect the circuit breaker: If the opener is plugged in but still not working, it could be due to a tripped breaker. Check your service panel to see if the breaker for your garage has been tripped. If so, flip the breaker to the off position and then back on to reset it.
- Make sure the door is unlocked: If the opener is fully powered and the door still won’t open, check the lock. Before you call a professional to service your door, make sure it’s unlocked to avoid paying for a service call.
- See if the trolley is disconnected: Another one of the common garage door problems in Denton, TX is a disconnected trolley resulting from someone pulling the emergency release cord. Check your owner’s manual to see how to reconnect the trolley, or call a professional for help.
It’s always best to hire a professional!
Instead of trying to deal with these common garage door problems in Denton, TX on your own, we always recommend hiring a professional. These are a few reasons to bring in an expert:
- Garage doors are dangerous: They might seem harmless, but working with garage doors is a dangerous business. The doors themselves are heavy, and the high-tension springs attached to the opener can be deadly if they snap. Keep yourself and your family safe by hiring a pro.
- We know what we’re doing: With over 35 years of combined experience, our team at Denton Overhead Garage Door has seen and done it all. We know just what we’re doing and can ensure your door is in tip-top shape.
- You could make it worse: We’ve seen many cases of homeowners actually making their garage door problem worse by attempting to fix it themselves. When you hire a pro, you can rest easy knowing the job will be done right the first time.
If your garage door doesn’t seem to be working its best, or if it won’t open at all, bring in our team at Denton Overhead Garage Door. We’re experts at diagnosing garage door problems in Denton, TX, and we perform a wide range of services. Contact us today to learn more about our special offers!
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair