How to Fix a Jammed Garage Door
Having a garage door that won’t open isn’t only frustrating—it can also make you late for work in the morning. The good news is that you might be able to solve the problem yourself without the help of a professional. Continue reading to learn the leading causes of a garage door jam and how to fix a jammed garage door in Denton, TX:
- Look for an obstruction: Some kind of blockage on the track is a leading cause of a jammed garage door. Any small item on the track could lead to a jam, so climb up on a ladder and see if anything’s up on the track. Removing the obstruction should set the problem straight.
- Inspect the track: If there isn’t an obstruction on the track, check the track itself. A slightly bent track won’t allow the garage door to open as it should, so try gently bending it back in place. Be careful, though, as you could accidentally make the problem worse.
- Look at the rollers: The rollers might slip off the track from time to time, meaning the door won’t be able to open up fully. You should be able to reset the rollers yourself, but don’t hesitate to call a professional if you’re unsure of how to do it.
- Check the springs: Broken springs are another leading cause of a garage door that’s jammed in Denton, TX. A gap between two springs or springs hanging down from the sides of the door are two signs that they’re broken. Never try to fix broken springs yourself—this is a dangerous job that should always be left to the pros.
- Make sure the door is unlocked: If you’re lucky, the door won’t actually be jammed, and it’s just locked from the outside. Go out front and ensure that the handle hasn’t been adjusted to lock the door. If so, just unlock it, and you’ll soon be on your way!
We’re your go-to team for garage door repairs
As mentioned above, it’s best to call a pro to fix a jammed garage door in Denton, TX. These are the reasons you should turn to our pros at Denton Overhead Garage Door:
- Decades of expertise: We’ve been in business for over a decade, so you know you can trust our professionals to set your door straight! There’s no repair job that we can’t tackle.
- Free service calls: There’s no need to spend a fortune on garage door repair—just call Denton Overhead Garage Door. We offer free service calls for all of our customers.
- 24-hour service: We’re one of the only companies in town to provide 24/7 garage door repairs! Day or night, you can trust that we can fix your door. We’ll arrive as quickly as possible to make any emergency repairs.
The choice is clear if your garage door has jammed in Denton, TX: call Denton Overhead Garage Door! Regardless of the reason behind the jam or the type of door you have, you can trust that our technicians can fix it!
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair