You probably don’t spend a whole lot of time thinking about the functionality of your garage door until something goes wrong with it. But your garage door is a crucial part of your home, and a faulty door will not only detract from your home’s value, but it could also quickly become a significant safety hazard.
Some of the most common types of door damage include broken cables or springs, worn-out rollers, hinges and a door opener that has become inoperable. When you’re dealing with these issues or other types of problems, there is always a certain level of risk you need to be aware of. Here are just a few examples of some of the risks you’d face if you don’t get prompt door repair.:
- Damage to your vehicle: If you’ve got a damaged garage door resulting from a broken cable, the garage door could slam shut suddenly during use, causing it to come crashing down on your vehicle while you’re coming into or out of the garage. When you think about how heavy a garage door is, obviously this could result in some significant damage to your vehicle that could cost a whole lot of money to repair.
- Injuries: You or your family members could get seriously injured by a garage door. Obviously, a door with a snapped cable poses a risk for anyone in its path of operation. In addition, if you have torsion springs that break and snap, they could result in serious injuries and even death. This is one of the reasons why only professionals who have been trained in door maintenance should touch the springs—the amount of tension built up in them can be lethal if the springs snap.
- Damage to cement: A faulty door that falls uninhibited to the ground will come down with a lot of force, so much so that it could damage the door, floor, and cement. The repairs for this type of issue can quickly become very expensive.
- Security concerns: If you have a faulty door, the door may not close all the way, in which case a would-be intruder could potentially pry the door up. If your garage is attached to your home, that means they could also potentially get inside your house. But even if you have a detached garage, you don’t want to make it easier for unauthorized people to get inside and have access to your vehicles or any other belongings stored inside.
- Damage to the door: Damage to the physical door and not just its components is also possible as a result of some of these issues. When this happens, the repairs can be very expensive. Garage doors cost a lot of money, so you’re better off fixing the small issues when they arise rather than just hoping they’ll resolve themselves.
For more information about some of the most common safety issues associated with garage doors, or to schedule garage door repair in Denton, TX, reach out to Denton Overhead Garage Door today.
For high-quality services from your local garage door company call us today at 940-323-1111!
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair