If you have an older overhead garage door installed in your home that’s in need of some tender loving care, you may be wondering whether it makes more sense to repair the existing door or to replace it entirely. New installation may initially seem more costly, but on the other hand, it may prevent you from spending a substantial amount of money over the next several years and months repairing and re-repairing your existing garage door.
Newer garage doors possess a number of benefits that are worth noting. For example, new garage doors are more energy efficient, and they offer improved safety measures. Knowledge about the latest advances in technology may make overhead door repair less attractive.
If you can’t decide whether you should invest in garage door installation or repair, there are a few tell-tale signs that you can watch out for. Paying attention to these signs will help you determine whether replacement or repair is right for you.
Here are just a few signs that you may be better off investing in a new garage door:
- Elevated noise level: If your garage door is significantly noisier than those of your neighbors, or if you’re noticing that it’s becoming louder and louder as you operate it, it may be time to consider replacing it. Noisy garage doors can be an ear-sore and may bother your neighbors.
- Safety concerns: Older garage doors don’t have the same high-quality arrays of sensors that modern doors do. Additionally, they’re often heavier, and made with more dangerous materials. If you’re concerned about the safety of your door, consider installing a new one.
- Energy efficiency: If you’re still using an older garage door, it could be causing draftiness and energy loss in your home. Newer overhead doors are designed to minimize energy loss and keep your home comfortable. Investing in a new installation may help you maximize your energy expenditures.
- Lackluster curb appeal: Older garage doors, even if you regularly repair and maintain them, can lose their initial allure. Your’s may be adversely impacting the value of your home, and subsequently your neighbors’ homes, if it’s been a while since you last had it replaced.
- Outdated technology: There are a number of updated technologies included in most modern systems. Whether you’re looking for smart home integration or something more simple, there is a wealth of options available when you decide to replace instead of repair.
For more than a decade, Denton Overhead Door has been a premier provider of overhead door repair in Denton, TX. We’re here to help you make the most of your home’s garage door. If you’ve decided it’s time to move on from your existing model and replace it with the latest and greatest technology, we’re also capable of performing installation. Regardless of your decision, you can count on us to help you find and implement a garage door solution that works for you.
For high-quality services from your local garage door company call us today at 940-323-1111!